Thursday, September 27, 2012

MOIST (and other words)

MOIST.  MOIST.  MOIST.  MOIST.

The worst sounding word of the English language.  It drips, it hangs on your lips, it makes me think of inappropriate things.  Mature, I know.  I just can't seem to get over it.

MOIST doesn't always have a bad connotation.  "The cake was MOIST," is a simple example.  You don't want your cake to be damp, wet, steamy, misty, or any other variation of the word.  (I remembered how to use the thesaurus!)

Other words that frustrate me are...

Nipple:
             When I had to help a customer at the pharmacy find a Nipple Protector, I thought I was going to die.  The dirty old man inside me told me to say something inappropriate; "Like in a strip club, eh?  Do you need Titty Tassels or Hooter Pasties?"  The more professional side said, "Pull it together, ya dumb bitch!"   My personalities compromised so that I said "nipple" as often as I could and tried not to smile.

Supple:
              I was told I have supple breasts once.  I mentally slapped them and told them to rot in hell.

Teat:
              Why?  Just say boobies!  

Suckle:
              Unless this has to do with honey suckle, I am uninterested and even then I'm not convinced I won't slap you.
            
Spittle:
              A close friend of mine loves this word.  Each time she says it, I want to cry.  "Some spittle was hanging from my mouth."  Gag.

Combined, these words make the (unfinished) world's worst sentence: Spittle fell from his lip onto her nipple as he suckled from her moist, supple teat.
Think about that.

1 comment:

  1. I hate you so much for making me read that sentence again...but I actually laughed out loud at your supple breast. hehe

    ReplyDelete